Baked Chermoula Chicken Thighs – Crispy, juicy chicken thighs cooked in a punchy chermoula marinade with fresh herbs, ground spices and zesty lemon! | Gluten Free + Whole30
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 30 minutes
- TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
- YIELD: 6-8 CHICKEN THIGHS
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper, each
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on (about 6-8 thighs)
- To make the paste, add everything to a small blender and process into a thick, slightly grainy feeling paste. Add more olive oil to the blender if needed for easier blending.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly grease a large, 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet/frying pan on a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken to the pan, skin-side down. Let the chicken cook for about 5 minutes, or until skin starts to turn golden, before flipping and cooking for another 3-4 minutes on other side. Once that’s cooked, remove chicken from heat.
- Add the browned chicken thighs to the prepared baking dish along with the chermoula paste. Toss well to coat the thighs in the paste fully, leaving no empty spots.
- Place the dish in the middle of the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165°F).
- Broil the last 1-2 minutes to crisp up the skin at the end. Top with fresh herbs and serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can enjoy as is or slice up and add to salads and stews.
- You can skip the initial step to crisp up the chicken skin and bake the thighs all at once in your baking pan. Your skin won’t be as crispy, but this will cut down on dishes and steps. Simply increase the overall bake time to 40-45 minutes and then broil an additional 2-3 minutes at the end.
YIELD:8 thighs SERVING SIZE: 1 thigh
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 354TOTAL FAT: 28gSATURATED FAT: 7gUNSATURATED FAT: 6gCHOLESTEROL: 120mgSODIUM: 480mgCARBOHYDRATES: 2gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 1gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 26g
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!