Cabbage Roll Soup is perfect for people who love to eat Cabbage Rolls, but don’t have the time (or patience) to make them. Because let’s face. They ain’t easy!
This Cabbage Roll Soup is everything I love about a cabbage roll, but easier to make. It’s also made in the slow cooker which saves me from slaving over the stove all day. It’s slow cooker weather right now anyways and this soup is perfect to eat on a frosty day.
- 4 cups cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 680 mL can tomato sauce (or about 3 cups)
- 796 mL can diced tomatoes (or about 4 cups)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- Add onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, ground beef and salt to a skillet on medium heat. Cook until the ground beef is browned (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add cabbage, oregano, basil, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water and ground beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- In last half hour of cooking, cook the rice according to package directions. Add the cooked rice to the slow cooker and stir to combine.