Creamy Cajun Chicken Bake with Bell Peppers and Cream Cheese. Easy and quick one-pan meal. Moist and juicy chicken breasts are seasoned with the homemade Cajun spice with lots of paprika! The baked chicken is tender and flavorful. Low-carb and gluten-free dinner recipe.
- Prep Time : 15 mins
- Cook Time : 30 mins
- Total Time : 45 mins
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 485 kcal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bell peppers , small, thinly sliced (or use mini sweet peppers)
- 4 chicken breasts , small
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 6 oz cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
How to make Cajun chicken seasoning
Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place thinly sliced bell peppers on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top (so that the peppers will cook underneath the chicken).
- Generously sprinkle Cajun seasoning all over the chicken breasts. You don’t have to use all the seasoning. Top with minced garlic.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the chicken uncovered at 375 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil for 2 minutes, if desired.
- To serve, scoop the bell peppers from underneath the chicken. Place them evenly around the chicken and on top.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!