PREP TIME : 15 mins | COOK TIME : 25 mins | TOTAL TIME : 40 mins | Serves: 4-6
- Cashew Coconut Chicken Tenders
- 12 chicken tenders (just over 2 pounds)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup toasted cashews
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mango Honey Dip
- 2 mangos, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons cider vinegar*
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add cashews and coconut flakes to blender or food processor and process until cashews are about the size of the panko crumbs, scraping the sides of the blender as needed. Add cashews/coconut, panko, chicken tender spices and brown sugar to a shallow dish and mix until evenly distributed.
- Place the flour in another shallow dish. Whisk the egg with the lime juice in another shallow dish. Working with one chicken tender at a time, dredge in flour and then dip in egg, and then finally coat in the coconut/cashew/panko mixture, pressing mixture into chicken with your fingers to make sure the coating sticks.
- Place chicken tenders on a foil-lined baking sheet (for easy clean up!) with a baking rack on top that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray for extra crispiness (optional). Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Broil until coconut is nicely golden, and panko crisp, but still light in color.
- To make the Mango Honey Dip, place all the ingredients in a blender, starting with just 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes and process until smooth. Taste and add additional red pepper flakes as desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!