Easy chicken and dumplings made in the crockpot! I use biscuit dough for easy, fluffy dumplings every time!
- Prep Time : 10 mins
- Cook Time : 4 hrs
- Total Time : 4 hrs 10 mins
- SERVINGS: 8
- CALORIES: 428 KCAL
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 package 8-count refrigerated biscuit dough
- Add all of the ingredients except for the biscuit dough to a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through and tender, use two forks to shred the meat. Stir to combine.
- Open the can of biscuits and press each biscuit flat. Cut the biscuits into narrow strips and add to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until the biscuits are cooked. Biscuits should be light and fluffy when finished.
- Serve immediately.
- Be sure to flatten the biscuits before cutting or they will not cook through properly.
- Cook times may vary depending on your specific slow cooker.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!