Honey Citrus Grilled Chicken Recipe with Basil Butter is next level delicious. So many flavors all packed into one really simple dish! The bright citrus chicken paired with the rich, savory butter is the perfect balance! It’s really the best grilled chicken recipe ever!
We all need a good Grilled Chicken Recipe we can rely on!
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (I used Challenge Butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together. Place chicken in a zip-top bag and pour marinade on top. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Combine all the butter ingredients in a small bowl and using a fork combine evenly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready remove chicken from the refrigerator. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove from grill and serve with a pat of basil butter on each chicken breast.