With a simple spice rub, the chicken is cooked so quickly on the stovetop! Dice into small pieces and serve with pico, avocado + lime!
- yield: 6 SERVINGS
- prep time: 15 MINUTES
- cook time: 15 MINUTES
- total time: 30 MINUTES
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste,
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Season chicken with chili powder mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Serve chicken in tortillas, topped with pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro and lime.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!