These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are loaded with chiles, chicken and cheese. Super easy recipe, that’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-7 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1-14 ounce can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small skillet heat olive oil on medium heat and add onions. Cook 3-5 minutes then add garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1/4 cup sour cream until combined. Mix in chicken, onions, garlic, cream cheese, chiles, cumin, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese.
- In a small bowl add the remaining enchilada sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and whisk until combined.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a few corn tortillas on a microwave safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat 30-45 seconds to steam.
- Then add about 1/2 cup chicken mixture to each tortilla, roll up and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat until they are done. Pour the enchilada sauce mixture over the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- *Soft flour tortillas can be used instead of corn. No need to pre-cook flour tortillas prior to assembling the enchiladas.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!