Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice is creamy, rich comfort food with chunks of white chicken meat. It is probably my favorite chicken Instant Pot meal to date.
This delicious meal can easily be made in 30 minutes and serves 4 to 6 people. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal and is best served with a green salad, or steamed broccoli or green beans.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks and softened
Cut chicken into strips.
Turn Instant Pot to “Saute” mode. Add butter. When melted add chicken and onion and cook until most of the pink in the chicken is gone.
Add water, heavy cream and chicken soup. Stir.
Add rice, sprinkling it in so that it is evenly distributed. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Do not stir.
Place lid on. Make sure valve is in “sealing” position. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Manually release pressure.
Once the pin drops, remove lid and stir in cream cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar, and parsley. Place lid back on for a few minutes to melt cheese. Stir and serve. It will thicken up as it cools.
For best result watch video below!