Tender Instant Pot chicken thighs recipe with an irresistible lemon butter sauce. A delicious chicken dinner idea that’s low-carb and keto-friendly!
- Prep Time : 10 mins
- Cook Time : 15 mins
- Total Time : 25 mins
- Servings: 6 servings
- Calories: 380 kcal
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided (if avoiding butter, you can use olive oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and basil; set aside.
- Press the sauté function on the Instant Pot (OR normal setting) and add 2 tablespoons butter to melt.
- Place chicken thighs skin-side down (use 3 thighs at a time) in the Instant Pot and cook on each side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the Instant Pot and stir in garlic.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom; cook for 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Arrange chicken thighs back in the Instant Pot.
- Press “Manual” and set time to 10 minutes at HIGH PRESSURE; close lid and set the valve to seal.
- After the time is up, allow 8 minutes of natural pressure release. Then, release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and use a thermometer to check that internal temperature of 170F degrees has been reached.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a serving platter, garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges; serve with the lemon butter sauce.
SEE NOTES for how to make a CREAMY LEMON BUTTER SAUCE.
- If you want a CREAMY lemon butter sauce, after removing the chicken from the Instant Pot, stir in 1/3 cup heavy cream and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- If you like a thicker sauce, in a small bowl mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 2 teaspoons cold water; whisk into the sauce and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!