Chicken Piccata – you won’t believe how easy this recipe is! Perfect with a green salad and grilled bread for soaking up all the extra sauce.
How To Make This Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® European Style Super Premium Salted Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large lemon, sliced thinly (leave about 1/4 of the lemon intact for the juice)
- 1/4 cup jarred capers
- fresh parsley
- Cut the chicken breasts in half so that you have a total of four pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and pound them to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch or less. Place the flour in a bowl with some salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes, flipping once. Both sides should be golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the wine to the skillet and let it get all sizzly so you can scrape browned bits off the bottom. Add the broth and lemon slices. Let the mixture reduce to half or less. Add the capers, butter, and any remaining juice you can get out of the lemon nubs. Arrange the chicken pieces back in the pan and sprinkle with fresh parsley. VOILA!
For the “grilled bread,” you have a few options. You could brush a few pieces of sliced baguette or country loaf with butter and actually grill it on a grill or toast it in the oven.
But my FAVORITE is sort of a grill/fry situation – heat a thin layer of oil AND butter together in a heavy skillet and add a few pieces of bread to each side, flipping once until both sides are golden brown and heavenly. Drain on paper towels, and now use the crispy golden brown bread to sop up that briny sauce. Ugh, I’m drooling. It’s so, so good.