These low-carb Enchilada Chicken Roll-Ups made with homemade Enchilada Sauce give you authentic enchilada flavor without all the work, calories or fat. And you won’t even miss the tortillas!
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 10-ounce can mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ pounds 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 4-ounce can mild green chilis
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 large avocado, yield 6-ounces, cubed
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
In a small bowl, combine the cumin, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Rub on both sides of each chicken piece.
Spray a small (8×6-ish) oval or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray and pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
Lay chicken, cut side up on a work surface. Top each piece, in the center, with about 2 teaspoons chilis and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese.
Roll each one up and set them seam side down in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce, cheese and chilis.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake 10-15 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through.
Top each chicken roll-up with a few avocado pieces and cilantro and serve.
To freeze, transfer to a freezer safe container once cooked and cool for up to 3 months.