This delicious Cajun Chicken Alfredo is one of our new favorite meals. It is so simple to make and absolutely packed with flavor.
- Prep Time : 5 mins
- Cook Time : 15 mins
- Total Time : 20 mins
- Servings: 8 -10 servings
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 quart of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning plus more for topping
- 4 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley minced
Start with a large covered cooking pot.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and cajun seasoning to pot.
Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!