A true one pot meal. The chicken and enchilada sauce is cooked all day in the slow cooker then the casserole fixings are stirred in.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 398kcal
Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 28 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce I use El Pato Brand
Add these items at the end:
- 10 corn tortillas I used an entire 11.7 ounce bag
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese divided
- 3.8 oz. can black olives divided
Put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce in your slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
Cut the tortillas in to strips, add to chicken and sauce. Stir.
Add 1 cup of cheese and half the olives into the sauce and chicken mixture. Stir again.
Flatten the mixture.
Add the rest of the cheese and the olives on top.
Cook on low for about 40 – 60 minutes longer.
Top with sour cream (optional)
- If you choose to use green enchilada sauce note that it is runnier than red and you may need to use more tortillas.
- Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet. Values below are for 1/8 of the recipe.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1446mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1165IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 343mg | Iron: 2mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!