Easy to make with basic ingredients – Tomato Coconut Curry Chicken! All prepped and cooked in one pan in about 30 minutes! Gluten Free + Low Carb + Whole30
- PREP TIME 5 minutes
- COOK TIME 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME 25 minutes
- YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 large | 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk (from a can or coconut cream)
- 1 cup chicken stock (aim for a low sodium stock so you can control the saltiness)
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breasts cut into 1 inch, bite sized pieces (can also use chicken thighs)
- 3 cups spinach
- fresh cilantro for topping
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook another minute, stirring the whole time. Stir in the tomato paste, garam masala, cumin and salt. Mix well for about a minute until the spices are fragrant. Add a tablespoon of water to the pan when it starts to look dry.
- Stir in the coconut cream and chicken stock. Simmer on a low heat about 5-7 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. Add the chicken and simmer another 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach in the final minute of cooking to wilt. Top with fresh cilantro if desired and serve over rice or cauliflower rice and enjoy.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE:1 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 342TOTAL FAT: 19gSATURATED FAT: 14gTRANS FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 83mgSODIUM: 500mgCARBOHYDRATES: 11gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 36g
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!