Pasta Bake with ziti pasta noodles, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, jarred spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings. Comes together in just minutes and it’s a quick & easy dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- Prep Time 12 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Servings 8 people
- 1 box (16 oz) ziti pasta noodles
- 1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if wanted)
- Heat oven to 375°. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking pan and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remember to add salt to the water to help flavor the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, combine the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, softened cream cheese, basil, parsley, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until combined.
- ** You want the cream cheese very softened before adding it so it mixes in smooth with no chunks. Place unwrapped cream cheese bar on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 1 minute. This will get the cream cheese very softened.
- When pasta is done cooking drain it and then add it into the spaghetti sauce mix. Stir together until the pasta is coated.
- Pour half of the pasta into the baking dish. Spread the sour cream over top and then sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the sour cream. Top with the other half of pasta and finish off with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot! If you don’t want that ‘baked pasta’ on top then cover the baking dish with tin foil.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!